What In The World Should I Post About On My Facebook Business Page?
We hear it all the time – Facebook is all about content, content, content. It has to be engaging, funny, endearing, entertaining and most of all, interesting. The problem is, unless you’re a retail establishment, most businesses tend to be boring on Facebook. Sure you can post information about your company and why it’s such a great place to work, but that’s not going to prompt people to “like” your business’s Facebook page. Your page has to be more….well, more ”everything.”
Don’t despair. Your Facebook business page doesn’t have to be business-like and boring. For example, Clarisonic’s page has beauty tips, beauty products, celebrity pictures, and other fun stuff that relates to beauty but not necessarily to Clarisonic. Ecycler does have information about their business, which is recycling, but they also have cool pictures of recycled items as well as informative articles on recycling.
Here are 5 ideas for developing content for your business Facebook page:
- Center it around your business or something that relates to it. If you own a cleaning company that uses green cleaning products, make your page all about going green. If you own a clothing store, post tips about fashion and trends.
- Pick something you’re passionate about, even though it doesn’t relate to business. Cycling, animals (not the cat videos, please), sports, knitting (maybe not), flowers…you get the idea.
- Information that relates to your industry. Become the subject matter expert in your field. Post tips that can help others in your industry as well as linking to pertinent articles.
- Use lots of pictures. They jazz up your Facebook page and make it visually appealing.
- If all else fails, post the cat videos.
This article was kindly written by Lisa Nicholls of tirastrategies.com. Her company assists small to medium-sized companies in using social media.